Reminder: Academy financial returns due
The latest annual financial reporting timetable documents the financial returns Academies have to make. Important submission dates for the returns for a number of Academies have now passed and this note is to summarise for those Academies who have not yet made one or more of the financial submissions, what needs to be done now. The note also gives a link to an enquiry line for any Academy that has any queries over these returns.
Financial Management and Governance Evaluation
- Academies which opened between 1 October 2011 and 30 November 2011 should have submitted a Financial Management and Governance Evaluation return (FMGE) by 29 February 2012. These self assessments should be returned as soon as possible.
- Academies which have prepared audited financial statements to 31 August 2011 should have submitted a FMGE return by the same date, 29 February 2012. These should also be returned as soon as possible.
- Any Academy that had an earlier FMGE submission date but have not yet made the return should do so as soon as possible.
- Academies which opened between 1 December 2011 and 31 December 2011 are due to submit their FMGE return by 31 March 2012.
Audited Accounts and Abbreviated Accounts Return
- Academies in scope to submit Audited Accounts to 31 August 2011 should have done so by 31 December 2011. This is a requirement of Academies Funding Agreements and as charitable Trusts their Memoranda of Association. Any Academies in scope that have not yet submitted their Accounts should do so as soon as possible.
- Associated abbreviated accounts returns (AAR) were also due 31 December 2011. As above, any Academies in scope that have not yet submitted the AAR should do so as soon as possible.
All financial returns should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an Academy has any queries on returns already made or about to be made you should contact email@example.com.